Sunday, February 19, 2012

Philosophy of Education In the Works


As an educator, I want all my students to succeed.  I want to encourage my students to give every subject their all and to expand their minds as much as possible.  The entire curriculum is not going to come easy to every student, and that is understandable, but it will exercise students’ minds and challenge them in many different ways.  As the leader of the classroom, my challenge is to try and meet the needs of all my students.  I want to make the learning process enjoyable and effective.  I completely understand that all students do not learn the same way and do not enjoy every subject.  However, I believe I can make the educational experience as enjoyable as possible by developing well-rounded students, exploring different learning styles, exercising group work, and making connections for the students.  My Philosophy of Education is my own, although it is closely related to Essentialism and Progressivism. I want to use educational techniques that touch upon auditory, visual, and kinesthetic learning styles.  This is closely related to Progressivism.  Some students learn best by a lectured style classroom.  When I introduce a new topic, I plan on vocally explaining the topic first.  Secondly, the students will have the opportunity to go home and read about the material. The most rewarding outcome I can imagine is seeing my students understanding the material, trying their hardest, and enjoying my class.  It’s not going to a breeze, and students will come my way that are challenging and not engaged.  But I prepare to take on the challenge and try my best to connect that child in one way or another to appreciate the material.  My goal, as a teacher is to make learning a fun adventure.  I believe I can make that goal a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment